Sunday, January 22, 2012

OWIE!!!

I made this layout for a challenge over at Scrappy-Go-Lucky Blog,  Called strut your cuts where you are challenged to use your cartridges. The only one I had on the list was "B is for Boy".  It was not until this afternoon that a layout came to mind so I missed the deadline in playing along but I went ahead and made my layout anyway as that is what this challenge is about to me....GETTING LAYOUTS MADE :).

This is for my middle son Jon's album. Jon's album was the first one I did when I started scrapping. He was graduating from high school that spring and I made it for his graduation party. Because it was my first and BEFORE my Cricut his pages are not my best, something he reminds me when he looks at it. I have decided that over time I will redo the pages but also keep the original ones to remind me how far I have come in my scrapping.

The story behind the pictures is: On Christmas Eve 2001 as we were getting ready to sit down for family Christmas eve dinner Jon and his Cousin Josh were out in the street jumping ramps with their bikes. Jon wiped-out and this was the result. The pictures were taken the next day, Christmas morning. The next day he left to go march in the Peach Bowl Parade in Atlanta, GA with his High School band.  The day of the parade his face was so swollen that his eyes were about shut BUT he still marched! Things memories are made of!


Supplies used:
Plain Cardstock: Coredinations
Pattern Paper: K & Company "Hopscotch Boy"
Cricut: B is for Boy Band-aids cut at 2.5" and 3" because it didn't have a shadow feature I hand cut one myself. Owie is cut at 2.75" and then at 3" for a shadow.
Signo Uni-ball White gel pen for accents on letters and band-aids.


No comments: