Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Birthday Cards From Birthday Cards

I had a box of greeting cards that I bought a few years back from a school fund raiser. You know the ones that you buy because you love your Nieces and Nephews not because you want the cards. I think I bought them even before I started making cards, being the type pf person that doesn't like to throw out something that "might be" used  "someday". Well that "someday" came yesterday when I was cleaning out and I really had to make a decision about them. I know that my friends and family expect a homemade card from me and if I gave them a store bought one they would be offended. I decided that I would "play" with them and see what I could come up with. Here are my cards from cards....

 Used some of "scraps" for the background.  Fussy cut the Bear & Sentiment. Added ribbon.
Scraps for background papers, cut around the cake and sentiment.

                     Scraps for Background papers, fussy cut the vase and sentiment, added ribbon.

Had 2 of these cards so I cut out the first background, then cut just the flower of the second one and pop-dotted that one. Cut out sentiment and put it on a strip of the background paper. I computer generated the sentiment on the inside, which reads "Grow Wild".



No comments: