Thursday, June 20, 2013

You are my Sunshine!

There are some of my sons' pages that I did for them when I first started scrapping that "scream" at me to be reworked. Most of them are in Jon's album, his were the first pages I scrapped. Since I started scrapping in 2004, I have acquired A LOT of tools and toys that have made my scrapping "better". This Page of Ben's was one that I have wanted to rework. These pictures are some of my favorite of Ben and I knew they deserved a better page. I participated in an online crop this last weekend, It was hosted by Cheeky Chics to benefit The Tornado Victims of Oklahoma. One of the challenges was to have a sun in it and have yellow. I knew that was "my call" to rework Ben's page. I LOVE LOVE how it came out. The paper and embellishments are all Adornit . I used a layout from the July/August issue of Creating Keepsakes as a guide. The sun "rays" were not as easy to cut out as I thought they would be. I think I'm going to recreate this for some pictures of my Great-Niece. When I do that one I'm going to stack all 6 colors of papers and cut them at the same time with a rotary cutter. LOL so I will have enough rays for 6 layouts. 

The Original Page
 
The New Page



No comments: