Sunday, June 23, 2013

You Are My Sunshine and So are You and You and You and You....

My previous post was about a layout I made for my youngest son, Benjamin. It was inspired by a layout in Creating Keepsakes and for a challenge in the Cheeky Chics Online Crop benefiting the Oklahoma tornado victims. The Creating Keepsakes layout was made from a kit by Simple Stories. The "sun" and "rays" in their layout  was one piece of paper and not pieced. Not having that kit I had to piece mine.  NOT as easy as I thought it would be,  BUT I LOVED LOVED how it came out. I knew I wanted to remake it for a page for my Great-Niece Mckenley. As I made Ben's page I was thinking this would have been easier if I had stacked all 6 of the color paper ( by Adornit) and cut them with my rotary cutter. After finishing Ben's I started MK's. By cutting them that way I had enough "rays" for 6 layouts. Like an assembly line I lined up the rays, glued them down then came the  sewing.  That gave me 6 layouts ready for pictures. This is the first time I duplicated a page more than once. While each one started out with the basic design each one ended up with a different look and hopefully a unique feel for the person the page is for.

Mckenley's Page (My Great-Niece)
Cadence's Page (My Great-Niece)

 
Jonathan's Page (My Middle Son) 
 
 Matthew's Page (My Oldest Son)
 
 Benjamin's Page (My Youngest Son)
 

No comments: