Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WOYWW~ Heritage Album


I am working on a Heritage Album at the request of my mom (I'm the only one in the family that scraps) for her Cousin's 90th birthday that is in mid August. We just started 2 weeks ago and to assist me to get this done in time my Mom has moved in with me even though she only lives less than 2 miles away. LOL


I have 17 pages done and 8 more in various stages of being done, My Mom retired last year and has been doing family research, she is continuing to search on some family members/branches so I am not finilizing my pages until I know she has everything she wants on them. I made a Heritage Album last year for a cousin that was getting married and my mom would ask..."how hard is it to get this up" so she could add more to it.


This is the first page that we are putting in every Heritage album...to us it says what we feel as to the importance of doing this....This is the only page I have scanned at this time...I will post more as I scan them....

15 comments:

mckinkle said...

What a super album, oh wont she be thrilled with it!

Keryn x

Unknown said...

The page is lovely ... but I vote we see more of your desk next week ... pretty please!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea for a journal, love it, and the first page looks fantastic.

Hugs
Brenda

Sue said...

Hi
wow your page is stunning,beautiful creation, have great day, sue,x

Helen said...

What a lovely project! It looks fab so far.

Pat Klassen said...

Hi Bethanyr, I love to scrapbook as well but I do it digitally. I have made many wonderful books and this is a template of my mom's book after she passed away. I miss her so much!

http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=1098981&productId=5&projectSponsor=335725

I have nine sisters and brothers so they all got a copy..that is what I love about digital scrapbooking.
Good Luck with your scrapbook for you mom...Cherish her everyday!

Pat
http://www.scrapbooking-plus-stories.com

Unknown said...

i bet it will be something to treasure when it finished

Sheila said...

That's beautiful! What a great album to make for your mum. Happy Wednesday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are a pretty special daughter to do all those pages. Sounds like you got a great helper, though. I had to laugh at the living only two miles away statement. She must really want to see these done. Happy WOYWW to both you and your mom!

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, quite an undertaking Bethany - love the idea of you and your Mom working on it together - how fab.

PaperArtsy said...

How fabulous to have a project with a super focus, and your mother to help too! Perfect. Leandra

donnalouiserodgers said...

Mrs Hill , Kathleen,

died when she was 92,

we were neighbours for ten years,

she was born in the big house at the top of the 'hill' and died in a small house at the other end,

towards the end I spent time with her every day and she told me the whole history of the area and its people

I still cannot forgive myself for not writing it down

you are doing a Really Important Job

Allison and Adam said...

This is just amazing Bethany!

Sid said...

Ohhh that page is fantastic !!

Anonymous said...

I love this front page, I'm having trouble finding the REST of them, though! :-(